Has someone out there gotten "reduce vocals" to work?

in10s

Has anyone out there gotten the reduce vocals to work? I am beginning to the "reduce vocals" under the "Special effects" submenu is not connected to any code at all. Perhaps it was put there just to get us to try the WavePad software.

The support FAQ at http://nch.com.au/wavepad/support.html#AGA says:

P. When I click Effects/Special Effects/Reduce Vocals, nothing seems to happen.

The reduce vocals effect only works for original CD tracks. It will not work for a track that has been resaved or edited.

Try to load a track from an original Audio CD then it should work.

WavePad separates the voice and music based on the fact that voice and music are often recorded on different channels. If the track has been edited then it is very hard to separate the channels.

But no matter what I try, including originals loaded from CD, there appears to be no change to the file I'm working with. As a matter of fact, if I open a file, run that item, and then close without saving, it doesn't even ask me to save my changes. (I know the faq says use an original CD track, but opening up a file and not getting the prompt to save before losing changes leads me to believe the menu item is doing nothing.

Oh, and I'm clearly not alone. This topic comes up many times on this message board, but never an answer. Check out these posts:

If you got the "reduce vocals" menu item to work, even if it didn't do much to the vocals, I hope you answer this post. I really don't expect an answer from NCH on this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nchto

The Reduce Vocals feature is only designed to work on audio CDs which contain music on one channel and vocals on the other. It does not work on combined audio tracks where the music and vocals are on the same channel.