WavePad mp3s incompatible with certain audio players?

mari0123

I created an audio file (mp3) using WavePad, but it won't work on the audio player we need to use on our web sites. The support people for this audio player (spam://www.dwuser.com/flashaudiokit/index.php) say the mp3 is not encoded correctly.

The mp3 I created in WavePad plays on other audio players that use Quicktime, but not this audio player (which, unfortunately, we need to use).

Do you know if mp3s created through WavePad are unable to play in some types of audio players?

Thanks for your help!

I created an audio file (mp3) using WavePad, but it won't work on the audio player we need to use on our web sites. The support people for this audio player (spam://www.dwuser.com/flashaudiokit/index.php) say the mp3 is not encoded correctly.

The mp3 I created in WavePad plays on other audio players that use Quicktime, but not this audio player (which, unfortunately, we need to use).

Do you know if mp3s created through WavePad are unable to play in some types of audio players?

Thanks for your help!

===================

How did you "create" this audio file using an _editor_?

Does this mean that you started with an _uncompressed_ file (a .wav file), edited it, and then saved the edited file as an .mp3 file?

Or did you _record_ live music using WavePad with a microphone?

Or did you get it in some other fashion?

Tell me the details of your "creation" and I may be able to help you.

I suspect that the devil is in the details.

Musikone

Guest nchto

WavePad creates proper mp3 files. Check exactly what format they require the mp3 in (like bitrate etc...), this might be where the problem is occurring. Also make sure you select mp3 in the "Save as type" drop down menu :)

• 6 months later...
WavePad creates proper mp3 files. Check exactly what format they require the mp3 in (like bitrate etc...), this might be where the problem is occurring. Also make sure you select mp3 in the "Save as type" drop down menu :)

I'm having the same problem. Noticed it first in Gmail playback, also on the website which allows playing of file as well as downloading..

I don't know what I did wrong. It was recorded at 22050 and then it was saved a s MP3 at 24bps. Why???

please send message to me if you know. Musicmatch apparently doesn't have this problem.

Hope I didn't blow $50 :(