Editing out Commercials from AM station

Davi3d

I have been using Wave Pad to edit AM radio station stream file captures. It does a good job, but I have run into a time problem.

Once I have loaded the 3 one-hour segments of the show I am editing, I then have to go through it and find the start/end times for the 16 commercial breaks/top-of-hour segments so they can be removed. It is taking me a loooooong time.

AM stations use tones to designate the start and end of commercial breaks, but I have not figured out how to locate these tones; I can find nothing in Wave Pad help that describes how to locate a tone. I don't know the frequencies, and I suspect they are above or below the threshold of normal hearing. I'm also concerned that if the frequencies are outside normal hearing range, the mp3 algorithm will remove them when it converts the file.

Anyone have suggestions as to how I might save some time on this task? I tried to find somewhere in NCH to ask the question of the proper boffins, but could not find it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA,

Davi3d

I have been using Wave Pad to edit AM radio station stream file captures. It does a good job, but I have run into a time problem.

Once I have loaded the 3 one-hour segments of the show I am editing, I then have to go through it and find the start/end times for the 16 commercial breaks/top-of-hour segments so they can be removed. It is taking me a loooooong time.

AM stations use tones to designate the start and end of commercial breaks, but I have not figured out how to locate these tones; I can find nothing in Wave Pad help that describes how to locate a tone. I don't know the frequencies, and I suspect they are above or below the threshold of normal hearing. I'm also concerned that if the frequencies are outside normal hearing range, the mp3 algorithm will remove them when it converts the file.

Anyone have suggestions as to how I might save some time on this task? I tried to find somewhere in NCH to ask the question of the proper boffins, but could not find it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA,

Davi3d

-----------------------------------------------------

I have a saying (I got it from a friend, but don't know where he got it) which describes your situation:

"THE SUM OF ALL PROBLEMS IS A CONSTANT"

Let us apply this to your current problem. The time that you spend editing out the commercials is the price that you pay for listening to the radio station without "charge".

There are infinite examples of this wise little saying :-)

Musikone

(this name is deceptive)