Deleting files

stylo

Once the transciption is done how do I delete the files from the programme? I can find the list of all that has been transcribed but not how to delete them. Any advice would be welcome.

Go to Settings - Files - where it says Auto Delete, enter the number of days you wish to keep your audio files.

Go to Settings - Files - where it says Auto Delete, enter the number of days you wish to keep your audio files.

THANK YOU FOR THAT. have changed the setting. Will that automatically delete all the old files that are already sitting there or do I have to do something else to get rid of them?

THANK YOU FOR THAT. have changed the setting. Will that automatically delete all the old files that are already sitting there or do I have to do something else to get rid of them?

I'm just another transcriptionist so I don't know for sure, but you may need to close and reopen Express Scribe. There should only be the most recent files remaining under Recover Old Files. I've just checked mine and I only have old files for the specified number of days before deletion.

Thank you for that Wtyping. I have checked and they are all still there but perhaps they will delete after the specified days from when I changed the setting. I can find no way of even deleting the files individually.

Thank you for that Wtyping. I have checked and they are all still there but perhaps they will delete after the specified days from when I changed the setting. I can find no way of even deleting the files individually.

If you are sure you won't need the file again, just highlight it, go file/delete. It will warn you it is not recoverable. This seems to be an easier way than marking as 'done' and waiting for the programme to delete it.

Guest nchto

You can also delete them manually from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Done folder. Have a look at the .dat file for information about the dictation.

Thank you all for your advice. I changed the settings to delete after one day (yesterday) and have just had a look and all the old files in the done folder have now gone.

A very helpful forum - thanks.