IVM with Voip - Answering Problem

bingostud722

I am trying to use IVM with my VOIP line as an outbound dialer. I am connected and everything is running. The software makes the outbound call, but for some reason the log says the call is answered almost instantaneously....This causes it to play my OGM before the call is actually answered, so when the call is actually answered, its halfway through the message..

Right now I am not in a static IP environment, and was wondering if that could contribute to the problem? I have tried bypassing all routers, as well as activating all of the port forwarding and triggering I need.

Im a sort of newbie with this software, so any help would be good.

Try playing around with the settings in Outbound Auto Dial Calls dialogue window. You can change how thew answer is detected (eg hardware / software) and determine how the detection of tones or voices on the line determine the start and end of the call. If you still encounter problems, come back here.

It could also be that your VoIP provider acts like a proxy of sorts, where you make a call through your SIP account and instead of connecting you to the end caller directly, the service connects you to the voip centre and then from there the call is connected to the third party. So in a sense, it could be that the call is being answered straight away, and then after it's ansewered it is being forwarded on by your service provider to the caller on the other end. I haven't heard of any service that does that, but it is possible. A similar problem exists when using a Sipura FXO adapter, the call is counted as answered as soon as you begin dialing on the FXO line.

• 2 weeks later...

How about other IVR solutions?

Do you know any IVR that exactly understand the answer time in PSTN outbound using VOIP?

Vexeo can do this?

Or can IVM can do this when using a telephony board instead of current voice card?