Choosing Most WIDELY USED CD Format

jsportnoy

I am currently editing MP3 files in WavePad. I want to keep the final format in MP3 format. I need them to fit one ONE CD. The content ( business speeches) is more inportant then the quility. I converted them to mono and took bit rate down to 64.

My goal is to distribute 150 CD's that will be played in a variety of uses; Cars ( some may have older CD players {like mine}), iPods, iTunes, PC CD players, home stereo's and "boom boxes"

Question 1 - what software should I use to burn the CD. Is itunes an option? It may be easiest for me

Question 2 - Can I use MP3 . If not what is the best alternative format to keep it to one CD that will play in the uses stated above

Question 3 - Is there a specific CD format and CD disk type that will work best to meet my end user multi-use, and are there specific options to select or not select

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchto

You can use Express Burn to create CDs.

Audio CDs are not simply audio files on a CD, they are burnt as a specific format and do not have any compression (and are playable in all CD players). If you wish to burn mp3 files to a CD then it will be as a Data CD, but most CD players are unable to play these.

Any CD can be burnt as a Data CD (files) or an Audio CD (music).