Mac OS 10.4.9 issues after installing Switch

I have noticed after installing Switch on my Mac G4 running 10.4.9, that any software I install with a dot (like software.5) in the name, loads Switch instead of launching the software. I cannot figure out how to disable Switch except for when I want to convert a file. Anybody know how?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed after installing Switch on my Mac G4 running 10.4.9, that any software I install with a dot (like software.5) in the name, loads Switch instead of launching the software. I cannot figure out how to disable Switch except for when I want to convert a file. Anybody know how?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Just to say that I've encountered the exact same thing - it's maddening! Has anybody from Switch been in touch with you about this? Have you found a temporary solution?

Andy

Just to say that I've encountered the exact same thing - it's maddening! Has anybody from Switch been in touch with you about this? Have you found a temporary solution?

Andy

By the way, I forgot to mention that only v.1.1.2 (V.1.12?) causes this chaos. I reverted to v1.0.5 (1.05?), and it stopped doing it.

Cheers,

Andy

By the way, I forgot to mention that only v.1.1.2 (V.1.12?) causes this chaos. I reverted to v1.0.5 (1.05?), and it stopped doing it.

Cheers,

Andy

Mark,

I've had advice from elsewhere that renaming applications you have problems with so that they end '.app' might prevent them from being mistaken for Switch documents. I reverted to an old version of Switch, as I said before, so I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a plausible course of action.

Cheers,

Andy