Newbie - help with message notification

arniep

I am trying out IVM and I finally got email notification to work. However, I would like to have IVM dial my direct pager number by telephone when there is a new message. I cannot seem to get that working. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks...arniep

Ok, how did you get the email notification to work? I am on a 2003 Server and have Verizon FIOS for internet. They require authentication. I have everything entered correctly, but my mail server rejects the mail saying MAIL FROM not accepted ... it's like it doesn't get my login information. I did have this working previously with older version ... suggestions?

As for the pager question ... I have it set to call my cell phone through the forward to telephone option and it works without a problem. Their help file says this feature will work with "some pager systems" so it may be that yours is not compatible. Check to make sure you are allowing outbound calls - go into telephone and click on your device and go to properties, then the options tab. Make sure allow outbound is checked.