use temp. file

my5t3ry

• 3 months later...
Hello,

I did a recording with wavepad but as i pushed teh stop butten the

programm crashed. i secured the temporary files with grf and aud.

Is there any way to open this files? I tried it but it worked with no

programm.

Thanx

I had almost exactly the same problem - wavepad crashed after I'd made a recording (2 hours long) and as I was in the File/Save As dialog and clicked an already existing .wav file to fill in the filename field to which I was going to add a number onto the end, the Wavepad application just vanished taking my file with it. I secured the .aud and .grf and keys files but can find no way to load these in.

Please help someone!

• 2 weeks later...
I had almost exactly the same problem - wavepad crashed after I'd made a recording (2 hours long) and as I was in the File/Save As dialog and clicked an already existing .wav file to fill in the filename field to which I was going to add a number onto the end, the Wavepad application just vanished taking my file with it. I secured the .aud and .grf and keys files but can find no way to load these in.

Please help someone!

As a result of a "save" error (on my part) a four hour recording was lost. I have the .aud & .grf files and would like to recover the recording. On an earlier post, I noticed that someone at NCH suggested sending the files to them and they would repair them. My problem here is that the .aud file is 2,437,123 bytes in size (I think this is 2.4 giga bytes) Obvioulsy it is to large to even ftp in to NCH.

If someone knows of a way to recover the data from the .aud file please contact me here or email me at: webguyco@yahoo.com

thanks,

Randak

• 2 months later...
The .aud format is an internal format in our software and cannot be extracted/converted to other formats.

Your response does not really answer the question of how to retrieve the lost file.

In another post you said something about sending the file in to have it converted

I made a recording but was not able to save it before WavePad shut down.

I was able to retrieve the temp AUD file, it is 1.14 GB.

Is there really no way to retrieve the file using your program?

If not, what is the procedure for sending it to you for conversion?

• 1 month later...
Your response does not really answer the question of how to retrieve the lost file.

In another post you said something about sending the file in to have it converted

I made a recording but was not able to save it before WavePad shut down.

I was able to retrieve the temp AUD file, it is 1.14 GB.

Is there really no way to retrieve the file using your program?

If not, what is the procedure for sending it to you for conversion?

I had the same problem when I clicked cancel at the save dialog instead of save :o Anyway this was years ago and I managed to get the recording back by first securing the aud and grf files, opening a new file and then switching over the new aud file with the recovered aud file. similarly with the grf.

This worked kinda ok. As I remember, the pitch was messed up quite badly but was still ok because it was just speech.

I tried this again today, out of necessity and Im finding that i cannot switch round the files because a dialog pops up to say that they are in use. Renaming or replacing the files wont work either because they are in use.

I still cant remember how i did this exactly last time but ill let you guys know when i figure it out.