Deleting files

davechet

Using Scribe 4.01. Can't seem to delete files when "finished with". Even clicking done leaves the files in the window. This didn't happen on earlier version. Running Windows XP Pro on a LAN and permissions have been checked. Any answers ?

Guest Karen

I hope this is what you mean. I found a while back that if I don't do a right click on the file, then delete, Express Scribe keeps copies in the "done" folder inside it's program folder that are huge ... like two to three times their original size. I had a small laptop and the HD space was evaporating until I realized it was Express Scribe. For my work, I have the original audio files for some time, so I don't need Express Scribe to keep them, but be aware they do, unless you permanently delete them when you're done.

Using Scribe 4.01. Can't seem to delete files when "finished with". Even clicking done leaves the files in the window.  This didn't happen on earlier version.  Running Windows XP Pro on a LAN and permissions have been checked. Any answers ?

• 2 months later...
Guest Laurie Bowen

I have had problems deleting files as well. Even though I've tried numerous ways to delete them, they keep popping up on this disk and then when we try to record on the disk, it says it's full even though I have "deleted" them numerous times.