Merging two files

pacman

How do I tack one file onto the end of another? I recorded a long conversation with a digital WAV recorder. Because of the length of the conversation I recorded it as two successive WAV files. Now I want to join the second file onto the end of the first.

I looked in the Help file and the FAQs but couldn't find the relevant bit.

How do I tack one file onto the end of another? I recorded a long conversation with a digital WAV recorder. Because of the length of the conversation I recorded it as two successive WAV files. Now I want to join the second file onto the end of the first.

I looked in the Help file and the FAQs but couldn't find the relevant bit.

ITS VERY SIMPLE

LOAD BOTH FILES

THEY ARE BOTH DISPLAYED ON THE EDIRING SCREEN

DRAG THE LOWER SCREEN AND SELECT COPY

RIGHT CLICK AT THE END OF THE TOP SCREEN AND SELECT PASTE

THE BOTTOM SCREEN IS NOW ADDED TO THE TOP SCREEN

NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAVE OR SAVEAS

HOPE THIS HELPS

Thank you very much indeed for this rapid and concise reply. The procedure worked, of course.

Am I right in thinking that if I Paste in the middle of the first file the pasted sound will be inserted into the file just like inserting text into a text document (sorry if this is a silly question - this is my first attempt to work with audio files) ?

ITS VERY SIMPLE

LOAD BOTH FILES

THEY ARE BOTH DISPLAYED ON THE EDIRING SCREEN

DRAG THE LOWER SCREEN AND SELECT COPY

RIGHT CLICK AT THE END OF THE TOP SCREEN AND SELECT PASTE

THE BOTTOM SCREEN IS NOW ADDED TO THE TOP SCREEN

NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAVE OR SAVEAS

HOPE THIS HELPS

Thank you very much indeed for this rapid and concise reply. The procedure worked, of course.

Am I right in thinking that if I Paste in the middle of the first file the pasted sound will be inserted into the file just like inserting text into a text document (sorry if this is a silly question - this is my first attempt to work with audio files) ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a word: YES