New user - but can't get Wavepad to work

liffy99

1) I've set up my Terratec Phase 22 soundcard on both input and output but cannot get any sound when trying to record some vinyl. The file does get recorded but I can't get any sound from the speakers attached to the soundcard output. I have checked that Phase 22 is the option for output and input device. However in the Windows Mixer editor I cannot alter levels for Recording and Playback (grayed out) , only "other".

2) Will the ability to save as FLAC disappear in 14 days ?

3) I have no way of adjusting recording level volume. If I set the input device as either Wave, Synthesiser, Mic or anything else, changing the volume sliders has absolutely no effect on the level meters.

HELP !

• 11 months later...
1) I've set up my Terratec Phase 22 soundcard on both input and output but cannot get any sound when trying to record some vinyl. The file does get recorded but I can't get any sound from the speakers attached to the soundcard output. I have checked that Phase 22 is the option for output and input device. However in the Windows Mixer editor I cannot alter levels for Recording and Playback (grayed out) , only "other".

2) Will the ability to save as FLAC disappear in 14 days ?

3) I have no way of adjusting recording level volume. If I set the input device as either Wave, Synthesiser, Mic or anything else, changing the volume sliders has absolutely no effect on the level meters.

HELP !

Don't know if this will be helpfull but I learned that you may need a Flac-convertor. I was able to record and safe in Flac mode but can't read the file afterwards because reading flac needs another Plugin. That raises my question, where to find that Plugin. I can convert or play in other programs but where on earth with Wave Path?

The Plugin to record in Flac was automatically downloaded on Demand. Why not also the Flac decoder plugin?

It seems that your soundcardoptions are causing trouble, since you must be able to select source and volume. In my case it was indeed Wave to change the volume. Is your Master setting allright (volume) Have you a Mute switch active?

The original post was almost a year ago, I don't think they'll be back :)

Their problem was a Windows one, not related to WavePad. Within Windows you need to unmute your recording device if you wish to listen to this channel directly.

As for your problem, you need to install flacdec available from www.nch.com.au/components.