switched from callvantage to vonage for IVM

ghounem

Hi everyone,

hope this helps save anyone some futile time with callvantage reps

I would switch back to callvantage because I like the month to month plan rather than the yearly commitment, and their reps are not outsourced like vonage seems to be, and so far I think the callvantage voice quality is slightly better, BUT...

callvantage regardless of the number of requests, WOULD NOT reveal their proxy server info to me, hence I could not set up the voip to work with IVM

Second, callvantage does not have "call transfer", which a week later, I learned that with out it, the IVM transfer feature would not work properly, even if you have threeway or conference calling, because you would tie up two lines instead of transfering completely and then freeing your line.

The only problem I have left is with IVM, I have 12 remote agents and IVM call transfer feature only goes up to 9, and I read every word available and can not figure out how to:

1) create extensions using the key response data entry [variable], it's easy in the menu [single key press] because they are already there, but I don't see ANY option in the variable section to create extensions, I downloaded EVERY sample ivr file and still can't figure how they made the multiple digit extensions

2) once the extension is made, how do I program IVM to transfer a call once that multiple digit extension is pressed? Again, the call transfer works great with the single digit extensions, but I found no way to make multiple digit extensions, let alone transfer a call once the multiple digit extension is entered

Any help would be sinerely appreciated!

Thank you

MG

m_ghounem@yahoo.com