Wrong audio length, mp3 to aac

I have some meditation files with long silence.  When I convert these from mp3 to aac, the Audio Length parameter is wrong, but the audio is all converted correctly.  Does anyone know a work around for this?  For example, the file is 2:15, but the Audio Length parameter is 1:03.

I found a solution.  The error occurs when I use the setting option VBR 50.  If I convert the file from mp3 to aac using the option ABR 128, the length is a little longer than the mp3, but that is OK.  Then I convert the file, aac to aac VBR 50.  

If anyone knows a better work around, please speak up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, Tom Dozer said:

I found a solution.  The error occurs when I use the setting option VBR 50.  If I convert the file from mp3 to aac using the option ABR 128, the length is a little longer than the mp3, but that is OK.  Then I convert the file, aac to aac VBR 50.  

If anyone knows a better work around, please speak up.

Thanks for the information on that. NCH Software is always interested in improving our existing programs and developing new programs. If you have an idea you'd like to share with us, please submit your suggestion here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/

I think the nature of the problem is that conversion does not work properly when the is absolute silence.  I added a very low level of noise, and it works better.  It gives a length that is longer than the original audio.

• 3 weeks later...