Which NCH foot pedal?

charlie

Hello,

I just started transcrbing audio files using Express Scribe software. I've been using my keyboard buttons to control the audio and am at a point where I'd like to buy one of the 3 pedal USB foot pedals from NCH Swift Sound's website. The two they offer appear very similar to my untrained eye. Does anyone have any information that might help me make a more informed decision? Has anyone tried them both and noticed a significant difference?

Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...

All foot pedals generally perform the same function, however I highly recommend the VEC foot pedal. It is built more robustly and is far more aesthetically pleasing than the VPE. They are also simpler to install (see: Foot Pedal Installation Guide). The USB connection model (FPVECUSB) is easier to install than the serial port connection model (FPVECDB9) as all computers nowadays have many USB ports while serial ports are becoming rare due to the simplicity of the plug-and-play scenario of USB. Our Hardware Pedals page can be found at: Foot Pedal Controls

All foot pedals generally perform the same function, however I highly recommend the VEC foot pedal. It is built more robustly and is far more aesthetically pleasing than the VPE. They are also simpler to install (see: Foot Pedal Installation Guide). The USB connection model (FPVECUSB) is easier to install than the serial port connection model (FPVECDB9) as all computers nowadays have many USB ports while serial ports are becoming rare due to the simplicity of the plug-and-play scenario of USB. Our Hardware Pedals page can be found at: Foot Pedal Controls

Thanks for the reply nchto. The VEC model is the one I ended up getting. I just installed it today and am working on the configuration as we 'speak'. I'll be trying it out for the first time tonight.