Changing system voices

jandrews

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way of replacing the existing system voices, e.g. "Goodbye", "1", ""2" etc.? Although a lot of effort is put into recording new greetings in Canadian English, it comes across very amateurish to have them interspersed with a heavy Australian English accent!

Thanks

Hi,

there is a folder "System Prompts", somewhere in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nchswiftsound\. There you will find all the wavefiles for systemprompts. You can simply overwrite the eisting ones (backup the original first). If you use more languages than english it will be a little bit more complicated. I do not know if you will have to keep the same format 16bit Mono 8Khz. If you want a better soundquality you can try ohter wav formats, but verify the response time of your IVM. I don't know how it affects the response time of the ivm with bigger wav-files of better quality.

Bye.

Hi,

there is a folder "System Prompts", somewhere in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nchswiftsound\. There you will find all the wavefiles for systemprompts. You can simply overwrite the eisting ones (backup the original first). If you use more languages than english it will be a little bit more complicated. I do not know if you will have to keep the same format 16bit Mono 8Khz. If you want a better soundquality you can try ohter wav formats, but verify the response time of your IVM. I don't know how it affects the response time of the ivm with bigger wav-files of better quality.

Bye.

Thanks for your help - that was just great.