Slowing playback causes sound distortion. Help!

KASAP

I have a few clients that talk so fast, at times they sound like the words just run nontstop into each other and I just want to pull my hair out! :blink: In order to make out what they're saying, I often need to slow playback to 75% or less. Unfortunately, this always results in sound distortion that makes it sound like they are talking from deep within a tin can. Is there something I can do with ExpressScribe settings to get rid of this sound distortion? The files in question are Olympus DSS files. Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
I have a few clients that talk so fast, at times they sound like the words just run nontstop into each other and I just want to pull my hair out! :blink: In order to make out what they're saying, I often need to slow playback to 75% or less. Unfortunately, this always results in sound distortion that makes it sound like they are talking from deep within a tin can. Is there something I can do with ExpressScribe settings to get rid of this sound distortion? The files in question are Olympus DSS files. Many thanks!

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one. I'm taking a Medical Transcription course and I have to transcribe hundreds of practice reports. It's not the doctors who are driving me crazy - it's the SOUND! I know as students we are supposed to try and figure words out - but you can't figure a word out if you can't even hear it. HELP!

• 1 month later...

I did not have this problem until I updated to the 4.05 version. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.01 version and it is much clearer, but it does not have the SPECIAL AUDIO PROCESSES with the BACKGROUND NOISE REDUCTION, EXTRA VOLUME BOOST, HIGH PASS FILTER, but it just sounds better. I think they have some work to do on those new features.