mp3 to wav

carvara

It took me a while to find and download about 11 songs I was looking for, found them all on sharaza and donkey eventually. I have done this many times before but now I cant seem to even convert them to wav for burning on to disk with your program. I'm on window xp have no other problems in the system and if I have I usually work it out, this however has me stumped, so please any help and advice is greatly appreciated

It took me a while to find and download about 11 songs I was looking for, found them all on sharaza and donkey eventually. I have done this many times before but now I cant seem to even convert them to wav for burning on to disk with your program. I'm on window xp have no other problems in the system and if I have I usually work it out, this however has me stumped, so please any help and advice is greatly appreciated

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why you need to convert these files from .mp3 to .wav in order to burn them to a disc. Can you explain how this conversion facilitates the burning process?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why you need to convert these files from .mp3 to .wav in order to burn them to a disc. Can you explain how this conversion facilitates the burning process?

Ok I've tried to burn these tracks as they are mp3 (downloaded from the internet)same result, all goes well throughout the burn process, tells me that burn is successful but when I go to play the cd on the computer or home system there is no sound at all, the tracks are there allright, but when I make comparisons to other discs Ive made I find that when I click on the the Audio cd (D) symbol, the other discs I've made the tracks first appear on page with there little wmp box tracks 1 to whatever but not on this lastest attempt it just goes straight to wmp, all tracks are displayed and played but not a sound is heard.I have gone through and checked all the properties and attributes and they seem the same as all previous other discs I've created.Also the downloaded mps tracks and the converted wave sound tracks all play the music on the computer only after trying to burn them do I get no sound and no page displaying them in their wmp box. Ive always done it this way as I dont think my home system recognises mp3, I might be wrong but wav has always worked fine why change? I hope this sheds a little more light on whats going on here, so please if you have any more advice or knowledge on this issue Id really love to here it

Ive always done it this way as I dont think my home system recognises mp3, I might be wrong but wav has always worked fine why change?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what you have said, I agree that your system probably does not recognize the mp3 format. This is certainly a valid reason (one of about three, by my count) for wanting to convert a file from .mp3 to .wav. I won't go into the other two reasons here.

This being said, it sounds to me like this present group of .mp3 files which you have downloaded is corrupted in some manner or another. Many files downloaded from the internet in .mp3 form (particularly from questionable sources) suffer from some form of corruption.

Other than this, I know of no reason why Switch won't do this conversion routinely and quickly. I have been using it for some time with excellent results, although not to convert .mp3 files to .wav files, since my cd player (I have it with a home stereo system) can play mp3 disks.

I'm sorry that I cannot offer anything else at this time -:(