MSRS

vrfl

Hi, there...

I am having problems with MSRS not uploading to my isp's FTP site. It will lot on; "uploading file" and then says error - possibly server lost connection or does not support "passive transfers".....

I talked with my isp's support and they say they can't imagine what the problem is. I've tried sending the MSRS files through other ftp protocols and they go just fine... Is there a problem with the ftp function on the program?

Also, I am very interested in setting up MSRS to record at least four channels on a laptop computer. Is there anyone with a working setup that can advise me on the type of sound card they are using, etc... I tried buying a M-Audio sound card to test on my desktop and couldn't get that to work either, even though I bought the in-line amplifiers suggested on the NCH website...

Help!! I believe that this program should be exactly what I need - just need some advice on getting it going!

PS - I'm a court reporter - and would love to contact another reporter out there using this system.

Thanks,

Linda :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suzanne
Hi, there...

I am having problems with MSRS not uploading to my isp's FTP site.  It will lot on; "uploading file" and then says error - possibly server lost connection or does not support "passive transfers".....

I talked with my isp's support and they say they can't imagine what the problem is.  I've tried sending the MSRS files through other ftp protocols and they go just fine...  Is there a problem with the ftp function on the program?

Also, I am very interested in setting up MSRS to record at least four channels on a laptop computer.  Is there anyone with a working setup that can advise me on the type of sound card they are using, etc...  I tried buying a M-Audio sound card to test on my desktop and couldn't get that to work either, even though I bought the in-line amplifiers suggested on the NCH website...

Help!!  I believe that this program should be exactly what I need - just need some advice on getting it going! 

PS - I'm a court reporter - and would love to contact another reporter out there using this system.

Thanks,

Linda      :rolleyes:

Guest suzanne

MSRS is really the best fort court reporters. It will record as it is. You don't need an extra sound card or anything even for 4 channels. Your scopist doesn't need a sound card with ExpressScribe. It'll take up to 8 channels, no problem. Both software work like a breeze. I even made special buttons to toggle between channels, no need to run after the mouse!

suz

MSRS is really the best fort court reporters. It will record as it is. You don't need an extra sound card or anything even for 4 channels. Your scopist doesn't need a sound card with ExpressScribe. It'll take up to 8 channels, no problem. Both software work like a breeze. I even made special buttons to toggle between channels, no need to run after the mouse!

suz

Suz....Thanks for the reply. I really would love some more specific advice on setup to record four channels - also how you set up buttons to toggle between channels, etc... Email me directly, if you can, at: vrfl@comcast.net

I really would appreciate the advice and help to get this system going!!!

Thanks,

Linda

• 2 years later...

Suzanne,

Thank you for enlightening those of us regarding the MSRS and the fact that you don't have to have the stereo sound card and such. Now, how do we get this thing up and running in the courtroom? I have a dell laptop that I will be using and have the program downloaded from NCH on there. My questions are: How do you play back just the room recording for read back if the judge so requests? And secondly, how many mikes would you suggest setting up in the courtroom. Currently with my Marantz PMD 430, I use 2 mikes. And third, how do you know you are recording the room and your voice at the same time, is there some way to listen to each track separately? Thanks for any input you can give me. Cindy