Time and temp scripts?

goobenet

Hi there. I'm wondering if theres a way to get IVM to talk the time and temp to the caller via some kind of script? I can pull text from the national weather service for the text to speech, but i have to automate this somehow... and just saying the current computer time should be simple as well i'd think... Anyone?

:blink:

Hi there. I'm wondering if theres a way to get IVM to talk the time and temp to the caller via some kind of script? I can pull text from the national weather service for the text to speech, but i have to automate this somehow... and just saying the current computer time should be simple as well i'd think... Anyone?

:blink:

Writing a plugin for IVM is really simple - use VB, Java, C# or whatever you prefer to write a console program according to NCH's guide.

But you're probably even luckier - NCH already has a free plugin called GETDATA that lets you read a CSV file (the temp and maybe date), or you can just use the temp and use the built in %date% system variable in the script that you "speak".