looping is making me loopy

Bre

OK, the attorneys in our firm are all slowly going digital - i love it!

BUT!

for some reason, if they dictate more than 10min at a time, the dictation that we (the secreatries) receive will ply until around 10 min, then loop back to the beginning and play for the remainder of the time. so, if he dictates a 32 minute dictation, I will here the first 10 mintues 3 times... This is extremely frustrating as you can imagine.

I tested it on my attorney's pc and found that when played on HIS pc, it runs all the way through, no problem, but when he sends it to me, it still loops. It has gotten to the point where he will have to play the entire dictation through his speakers and re-record it on to his handheld to send to me.

What is causing this? is it a glitch or his he unknowingly doing something??

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE!!

• 1 year later...
for some reason, if they dictate more than 10min at a time, the dictation that we (the secreatries) receive will ply until around 10 min, then loop back to the beginning and play for the remainder of the time.

What brand/model of recorder is being used?

Does the recorder have a Standard Play (SP) / Long Play (LP) switch? If so, which setting is being used?

What file format is being provided? (File extension and/or audio codec, if you know it.)

What brand/model of recorder is being used?

Does the recorder have a Standard Play (SP) / Long Play (LP) switch? If so, which setting is being used?

What file format is being provided? (File extension and/or audio codec, if you know it.)

For me the files are all mp3s. They are either received from a client, in which case I do not know how they are created, converted from another file type with Switch, or they were recorded in Audio Recorder Pro, which as far as I can tell uses LAME codec.

The recording program does not have any of the options that you mentioned.