Video's take AGES to load! - HELP ME!

plumel

i record videos with fraps. i know the file size is outstandingly huge but it litteraly takes 30 minutes to inport to videopad.

Can anyone tell me what to do to make it faster please?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Of course I'm just guessing, but you don't necessarily have a problem. When I'm loading file sizes in the gigabyte range, then they just take a long time to load. As in time to go get a coffee refill, and still not done. This is on my machine with a 3.2gig, tri-core processor, and 3.25gig memory (the most 32-bit Windows can use).

I'm not on the VideoPad staff, but it's obvious that VideoPad does a lot of pre-processing when you load a video. It has to do this so you'll get immediate results when you move the time slider, or otherwise edit.

A quick Google shows that Fraps is not famous for outputting small file sizes. You might look around YouTube for how to make your Fraps files smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a minute. I was just loading a video myself and had another thought, still along the "you might not really have a problem" line.

If you're talking about the traveling blue bar, I think it sometimes get stuck...or whatever exactly happens. But as far as I can tell, when all the thumbnails appear on the timeline, then the clip is loaded.

So I just ahead and do what I have in mind to do. This seems to jog the blue bar and things proceed as planned..though I'm pretty much just giving you guesswork here.

• 2 months later...

i record videos with fraps. i know the file size is outstandingly huge but it litteraly takes 30 minutes to inport to videopad.

Can anyone tell me what to do to make it faster please?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

I agree with Picbuck's response. Loading a 20 Minute video file takes a long time, the first time it is loaded. After saving the project file, VideoPad will reload that project within seconds.

Using normal PCs for video editing, is a good exercise in patience development. It also will make you buy high performance computers on your next PC purchase. I suggest you read the webpage at the following URL which lists typical PC system requirements for video editing.

https://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recommendations+for+Video+Editing/0x4aebb06ba071d2b6a2cd784ce243a6c6.aspx

Cheers, Mike