Categories etc alphabetical

IOISL

• 5 months later...

Does anyone from Technical Support actually reply to these queries? I was initially very pleased with my purchase - but issues such as the random order of Categories as opposed to Alphabetical sorting makes me question my decision to purchase.

Not having the Alphabetical sort makes the software inefficient - will there be a fix for this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if there is an automated way of doing this, but you can go to C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\Inventoria\Categories (for a Windows install [i'm sure a Mac install will place this in on of the Libraries directories]) and change the files names so that they are in the numerical order you desire.

These files are named 1, 2, 3, etc. If you open the files with a text editor, you will see they are simple text files containing categories and subcategories.

How do I get drop down lists to display alphabetical order?

Cheers

IOISL

• 1 month later...

Does anyone from Technical Support actually reply to these queries?

This is exactly the right question - no one from tech support read that! They're just willing to earn without any serious effort... The tool has so many small things that in total makes your life much more difficult.. so that you get a feeling, what kind of programmers have produced it? Students or what?

• 2 weeks later...