Update Express Accounts from Express Invoice

abbottdr

There is no "Update Express Accounts" option in the "Apply payments" dialog as suggested in your support pages: http://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/kb/1123.html

This was a major reason why I paid for licenses on these two programmes.

Hello. I cannot find the advertised option to update account information in ExpressAccounts from ExpressInvoice. According to the FAQs I should be able to do this:

"When you receive a Payment, check 'Update Accounts' in the 'Apply Payments' dialog and you will be prompted for a temporary file name for an XML file. Then Express Accounts will be executed (or it will be downloaded and installed) and the Express Accounts Receipts window will appear." From http://www.nchsoftwa...ce/kb/1123.html

But there is no "Update Accounts" option in the "Apply Payments" dialog. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I see that you have no response to this. I have the same question. Normally NCH have been great for software, but I am totally confused with Express Invoicing and Express Accounts. In Windows I could download together and they link, as per the instructions. This is great to research for my clients, however I am on a Mac and downloaded both programs for my own use, but now find I can't link payments from the invoicing to the accounts. Very inconvenient. By the time you buy both programs you could purchase another basic accounting program. Why can things work on Windows and not on a Mac?

I am also confused over what the difference is between the free and paid versions, but suppose I will keep looking. Things shouldn't be so sneaky - it should be all out in the open and clearly stated - that's what the Department of Fair Trading says anyway. Wonder if that day will ever come?

Will wait for a response and hopefully a solution.

Hi, I see that you have no response to this. I have the same question. Normally NCH have been great for software, but I am totally confused with Express Invoicing and Express Accounts. In Windows I could download together and they link, as per the instructions. This is great to research for my clients, however I am on a Mac and downloaded both programs for my own use, but now find I can't link payments from the invoicing to the accounts. Very inconvenient. By the time you buy both programs you could purchase another basic accounting program. Why can things work on Windows and not on a Mac?

I am also confused over what the difference is between the free and paid versions, but suppose I will keep looking. Things shouldn't be so sneaky - it should be all out in the open and clearly stated - that's what the Department of Fair Trading says anyway. Wonder if that day will ever come?

Will wait for a response and hopefully a solution.

MarieC

Couldn't agree more. I was very frustrated by this at the time: it felt like a scam, and now after some calming down, it still feels extremely misleading. I downloaded the two programmes on the advice of my accountant who has used them in Windows. Obviously, my experience ended up being very different. I have also since been refunded the money I paid for Express Accounts as the "paid" version for a Mac does not actually exist. VERY misleading. I'm not happy with either of these problems. Hopefully it gets sorted in the future, as I quite like the software.

• 2 years later...

Tech support told me that Express Accounts will not work in conjunction with Express Invoicing. No merging of accounts or even transferring. This is really some crappy stuff they are selling. If it ain't there, there is no way to modify it and there is no interest from the company to fix or even listen to suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! We have an express invoice in our company and my problem now is I have this trial version in my computer and we have other two express invoice in other computer. Now one of our office mate is not working anymore and he has the invoice. My question is how can get his express invoice and transfer it in my computer?