Not Recording

gerbilsrcute

I've used wavepad many times on my old computer which ran windows xp. Since I have set up my new computer (Windows Vista) it seems I've had issues with many different programs. Based on how I had to set the program up on my old computer and from what I've read in the faqs...I think my issue is with the settings for the record devide, but I'm unable to change them. Under device it says default sound in and I can't do anything to change it (no options available) the input it lists windows record mixer...and again can't change it. Playback device is set at speakers and it's the only option that allows me to change.

When I used the program before I would always use it to record sound that was playing on the computer...either a cd or other file that was running but I'm getting nothing now and not sure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 11 months later...

With Windows XP WavePad worked without any problem. Now, with Windows 7, I can see the waves of the songs but can't hear them. With Windows Media Player I can play an d hear the same recordings.

I'm working with the RealTek HD AudioManager. What's wrong?