Conned

antoninus

Well, has anyone else been conned by the sneaky "get out of a refund" clause. The demo worked and when I paid for the full version it suddenly wouldn't save in "m4a". It did it fine with the demo which is why I purchased it. What a con. I now get, "unable to create file "name.m4a" for saving. And you can't get free help it seems. How convenient for them.

I'm a newbie, so what I say may be off-the-wall. I just bought the Master edition last week. I had the trial version installed first, but never saved to M4A. After reading your post, I tried to save to M4A format, and it worked fine. First the "install on demand" dialog box flashed across the screen then the options appeared and as I write this the file is being saved (it's done now). Maybe something else is wrong. I agree that the no-support-unless-you-pay-extra-for-it is a negative thing (at least 30 days to help you get up and running would be nice), but I don't think the developer of the software conned you. I hope you can find a way around it. Maybe you could give some more specs -- are you on a Mac or Win machine? When you do other formats do you get the "install on demand" box? (Not all install on demand, but FLAC does and M4A and probably others -- I didn't try them all). Hope this helps.

Support is always available and free, however free support is prioritised after paid support customers, this is stated on the screens when you submit a ticket.

Antoninus, The conversion to m4a, did you try this conversion with the exact same file in both cases? Ive seen instances before where a file is converted, then a completely different file is tried without success. Therefore the conversion to m4a works, its the initial file that is the problem.

No probs, there are just a few hoops to jump before you can submit a ticket and people often think that we are saying you have to pay. What we are trying to achieve is to make people look for the answers before submitting a ticket. Its a common complaint.