Stero/Mic Recording Problem With Vista Home Premium

rainhero18

This may not be a serious problem for others, but for someone like me who records karaoke, and songs for contests it is a very serious, and troublesome problem.

Here is all the info, if you need to know anything else just let me know, and I will do my best to provide you with the info. I came here because I thought there might be some experts or really brilliant users who can help me with this problem. I have been to a lot of help sites, and no one will even answer. Even to say I don't know or I wish I could help. But I will wait patiently. I have a recording due to be sent in before the 30th so quick help would be definitely appreciated. Thank you for your future help.

Notebook is an: Acer Extensa 5620Z

Audio is: Realtek High Definition Audio

To record I use: Audacity and Wavepad Sound Editor

The Problem: Using XP Home Edition on an Acer Travelmate 2200 I could use both programs and set the recording/audio settings to stereo, and it would let me record the instrumentals directly from my notebook while recording my voice through the microphone.

Now with the Acer Extensa 5620Z I can only use stereo to record music directly from my notebook, but my mircophone will not work at the same time, and vice versa.

Today I noticed that if you use the headset to hear the recordings afterwards that you can almost hear a bit of the music recorded in the background.

Listen here with headphones: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1NXTP3SH