Last few seconds of dictation not playing in ES

chandy.brown

Hi everybody,

I use ES to play audio files to transcribe. But I've always found that the last few seconds of the audio when played with ES is missing, but if I try and play the audio file with a media player, it is complete and plays till the last second. Is this is a bug or a problem with ES or has it got something to do with my system or its configurations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody,

I use ES to play audio files to transcribe. But I've always found that the last few seconds of the audio when played with ES is missing, but if I try and play the audio file with a media player, it is complete and plays till the last second. Is this is a bug or a problem with ES or has it got something to do with my system or its configurations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I face this problem too. If needed i can upload a sample audio, so someone can play it and find out why it happens.

It's a bug in the Express Scribe software. Express scribe cannot play directly mp3 files so it converts it to wav format. During this conversion process the ending part is eaten. It eats up a certain percentage of the file. If the audio is small in length, then proportionate small portion will be gone and if the audio is lengthy, the a much bigger portion will be gone from the end.

The workaround is to convert the mp3 file to a wav pcm format and then load it to express scribe. It will have the ending portion. Hope the new update will rectify it.