Assistance with ExpressScribe foot pedal

Laraine

Hi - am wondering if anyone out there could help with a simple foot pedal/software problem.

Last Friday I had a new computer installed and consequently all the data transfer, etc., etc.

ExpressScribe, unfortunately, had to be reinstalled and after much tweaking, it's working great.

However, one of the features that I used to have is now missing or needs "checking" and this is the issue I'm inquiring about. On my old computer, whenever I stopped the audio and then restarted the audio, it played back just a bit of the audio that I had previously heard...which is very useful when transcribing dictation.

With the new computer when I stop the audio and consequently resume audio, it doesn't backtrack at all. HELP! ! ! !

Does anyone know what I'm referring to and can anyone assist?? Thanks so much. ~Laraine

Does anyone know what I'm referring to and can anyone assist??

The function that you are looking for is more commonly referred to a "Secretarial Backspace". I cannot help you with the configuration issue you have unfortunately. I am looking to be sure that this functionality IS in the software before I go to the trouble of installing it and buying foot pedals for several clerks.

Here's hoping that someone else has an answer for you.

~Greg