Setting up the foot pedal

Hardingjs

I am trying to set up the 3-pedal foot pedal to COM 1 (serial) port. When I click to open the Wizard it tells me to press and then release the Rewind pedal, then to press and release the Fast-forward pedal. This works fine, but then when it tells me to press the Play pedal it does nothing. Since I have setup many of these foot pedals without any problem, I'm assuming that maybe the Play pedal is broken. Where can send the foot pedal for repair, or is it just better to purchase a new pedal? I'm not sure when the pedal was purchased, but I've had it for some time.

thanks, hardingjs

• 2 months later...
I am trying to set up the 3-pedal foot pedal to COM 1 (serial) port. When I click to open the Wizard it tells me to press and then release the Rewind pedal, then to press and release the Fast-forward pedal. This works fine, but then when it tells me to press the Play pedal it does nothing. Since I have setup many of these foot pedals without any problem, I'm assuming that maybe the Play pedal is broken. Where can send the foot pedal for repair, or is it just better to purchase a new pedal? I'm not sure when the pedal was purchased, but I've had it for some time.

thanks, hardingjs

try this:

Open express scribe (foot pedal can be plugged in or not.) It may say foot pedal not found - just click ok.

Go to options - Control.

Make sure the box next to "use foot pedal playback control" is checked.

Change the port to VEC infinity USB pedals

change number of pedals to 3.

Click on the Foot pedal control setup wizard.

it will tell you to press rewind, release rewind, press fastforward, release....etc.

Then click ok at the bottom.