Selecting channels

srleslie

Simple question: I can get WavePad to display both channels of a stereo file, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to select just one, to apply an effect like normalization to just that one. In Fx Audio Editor it's the simplest thing in the world: just drag the mouse over one channel's graph, but not that obvious in WavePad. Anyone have a clue?

Simple question: I can get WavePad to display both channels of a stereo file, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to select just one, to apply an effect like normalization to just that one. In Fx Audio Editor it's the simplest thing in the world: just drag the mouse over one channel's graph, but not that obvious in WavePad. Anyone have a clue?

Never mind. This is almost unbelievably amateur software, and I guess I'll just have to invest in a real program. Besides the nonsense about not being able in any obvious way to select one channel of a stereo file, there's the "help" utility--it hasn't even got an index. Try to find a topic in the Contents; good luck. And the F1 process? Try this: go to Effects/Stereo Pan, get the dialog box, and then click on the Help button; up comes the Effects page in your browser. Now search on that page for "pan"--you won't find it. The developers couldn't even be bothered to put together a complete help guide.

I'm mildly curious to know what "Stereo Pan" is, but not enough to fool with this sorry excuse for software any more. I registered this program, and NCH got my money. I hope they have fun with it. I'm sure not having fun with their product. Goodbye.