DVD/CD Burner not being recognized initially....

ermel

When I click the Burn CD button the " Scanning Available Drives" window pops up, but the drives are never detected. I have to click "Cancel" and the "Burn Audio CD" window appears with my drive correctly identified in the "Burner Drive" drop down menu.

Also I noticed that it cannot change to different burner drive, with out restarting the program.

Do I have to re-install the software to correct this??

Any ideas??? :blink:

When I click the Burn CD button the " Scanning Available Drives" window pops up, but the drives are never detected. I have to click "Cancel" and the "Burn Audio CD" window appears with my drive correctly identified in the "Burner Drive" drop down menu.

Also I noticed that it cannot change to different burner drive, with out restarting the program.

Do I have to re-install the software to correct this??

Any ideas??? :blink:

Forget the last comment, as I realized that there was a dvd-r instead of a cd-r in the drive, but I still have the the aforementioned problem of no initial recognition, and I am running Win XP SP3, with no problems.

That's interesting - i have the same problem ("cannot find burning drive") after installing the NCH DJ software (Zulu) (and assessory software pack that includes the express burning software too).

The drive cannot be found, even when using Nero, so i cannot burn AT ALL!!

I should also be interested in an easy solution (other than reinstalling the Windows XP incl SP3...).

thx

;) lovecraft