Audio Tag Editor

Praetorian

I downloaded WavePad late last night looking for a better faster editor. For the last six hours I have been trying to figure out why the date would not always stay fixed in the Audio Tag Editor. I have tried working with several different files of FLAC and MP3. In some cases I have no problem and the date stays changed and fixed with the same file. Other files do not stay fixed when saved or saved as. Here is what has been going on with 1966 and I'm glad it popped up in the first file I tried with WavePad.

Audio Tag Editor

year 1966

date 31-Dec 05:04

Above date, year and time seem to be the problem I have been trying to figure out. It says 1966 in the year field but 1969 on the actual calendar in the date field. When I change the calendar year in the date field to match the 1966 year field then save the file, the year on the calendar goes back to 1969.

I then made the year field blank and saved the file which made the date 01-Jul 05:04, but the year on the calendar was now 1990 (not 1969).

I then made made the year field match the calendar at 1990 and saved the file. Damn, we made progress.

year 1990

date 01-Jul 05:04 and the calendar year for this date field matches the year field at 1990.

Therefore, I plugged in

year 1966

date 01-Jul 05:04 and changed the calendar year for the date field to 1966 and saved the file

It now reads:

year 1966

date 31-Dec 05:04 with the calendar year at 1969

We are back to the same problem. :unsure:

No, it is not my file. I created two new wav files with no information attached from a 45rpm to see if I would see the same problem. I got the same problem with each of the new files too.

<_< If I could make the date field blank I would since I do not normally use it; it won't let me.

me sits twittling me thumbs

actually, I'm using my slower editor while I wait for an answer.

Thanks!