Can't record with EMU-0202

emu202

Hi Everyone, I'm using the amazing free version of WavePad 4.03 but it can't record when I choose my EMU-0202 driver as a Recording device.

Problem

- I open WavePad, click the red button, the "New File" window shows up, I choose sample rate 44100, Mono (Single) and then click "Ok".

- The "Record Control" window shows up, under "Recording", I choose "Microphone EMU-0202" as "Device", then I choose input "Master Volume", and then for "Volume" I choose "6dB"

- Now that I'm all set, I click the red button to record my voice but the timer on the botton right of the window doesn't start.

Symptoms

- If I choose "Default Sound In" as my recording "Device" under "Recording" and click the red button, the timer start and I can record from my internal mic (not from the EMU obviously).

- I have no error messages and WavePad never crashed

- I have SONAR LE from cakewalk and I have no problem recording with this software

Technical Specs

- I have Vista Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1

- My EMU-0202 Driver is loaded in memory

- I have nothing else to conflict with it

- My EMU-0202 is properly connected to my computer, my microphone is properly connected to my EMU-0202

- Both EMU and Mic work immediatly with other software

I was wondering if WavePad is not compatible with ASIO drivers. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated

Dan.