Playback to fast

minnesota bob1

First of all I would like to thank NCH for nothing. I used wavepad last year as a trial version and loved it. It worked so great I bought the mixing software and the Wavepad. I also made the mistake of not paying the exstorsion fees for the support and have had nothing but trouble with the purchased versions. Most of it trying to get help. either I can't get help or the website dosen't remember my user name and the webmaster has an unlist address ( I re registered to get here). For the love of God NCH, get off the pot and offer some support.

Enough with the ranting. The problem I am having (this time) is that I play back a song and they all play back at about double the speed. I can't get it to turn off. any suggestions? As always, thank everyone that has bought the software. Apparently you are the only ones that know how it works.

Guest MichaelJee

Hi Minnesota Bob,

thank everyone that has bought the software. Apparently you are the only ones that know how it works.

Apparently so, as no one has asked, in either a ticket, nor the forums a question like yours.

1 – You trialed a version many years ago and purchased it recently; did you happen to trial the actual version you were about to purchase as well? V4.03

I also made the mistake of not paying the exstorsion fees for the support…

2 – When you buy support with an application, it costs US$8. To be able to absorb hours of a SME’s time like now, for that price, is quiet reasonable I would think.

have had nothing but trouble with the purchased versions. Most of it trying to get help. either I can't get help or the website dosen't remember my user name and the webmaster has an unlist address ( I re registered to get here). For the love of God NCH, get off the pot and offer some support

3 – I’m sorry that you found it hard to locate the correct support channel, though its quiet simple.

- Type “NCH” into Google

- Click first link

- Click on Support, top right hand corner

- Click on Technical Support

- Click on Mixpad

- If your issue isn’t listed, click on the link “None of the above answers my question. Contact Technical Support...”

No login is required, and many 100,000’s of customers have accessed us this same way. If you have a suggestion to make the site less “cumbersome” to use, then please do let me know.

4 – You are mentioned “tracks” and this post is the Wavepad thread, which is incorrect. If you are indeed talking about Mixpad, can you confirm that the tracks play at normal speed using a media player? Do they play at normal speed in Wavepad? What format are they? Please detail your issue Minnesota Bob, and I would be more then glad to assist in the public forums.

Alternatively you can open a support ticket that your aware of the process.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Minnesota Bob,

Apparently so, as no one has asked, in either a ticket, nor the forums a question like yours.

1 – You trialed a version many years ago and purchased it recently; did you happen to trial the actual version you were about to purchase as well? V4.03

I believe I said it was last years version. I didn't think that it had changed that much. It worked very well. I was having a minor problem with it this year. One that I realized, after a long period of time, was nothing more than a dropdown that got set. A simple problem that I am sure your techs could have answered in a couple of seconds. and was never answered here. The real problem I had was getting help. A statement I still stand by. One in which I hope you have passed on to your management.

2 – When you buy support with an application, it costs US$8. To be able to absorb hours of a SME’s time like now, for that price, is quiet reasonable I would think.

I didn't see the need to pay the extra for a program that worked fine last year. I have run across two problems with the new version, the first was a bug. After a lengthy process on this forum that was fixed. I tried to purchase the support after I paid for the program but was unable unless I payed considerably more. If you do not see the inherant conflict of intrest issue invloved with your policy, I will not be able to explain it to you.

3 – I’m sorry that you found it hard to locate the correct support channel, though its quiet simple.

- Type “NCH” into Google

- Click first link

- Click on Support, top right hand corner

- Click on Technical Support

- Click on Mixpad

- If your issue isn’t listed, click on the link “None of the above answers my question. Contact Technical Support...”

No login is required, and many 100,000’s of customers have accessed us this same way. If you have a suggestion to make the site less “cumbersome” to use, then please do let me know.

I guess I was pretty stupid to go to your website and look, I should have checked Google first. I did go all over your documentation but couldn't find anything. I spent about three hours looking for something. the only thing I could find is notices that said you would talk to me if I paid you more, in fact it was about as much as the software cost to talk to anybody. I'm not saying the information was not there but I couldn't find it (yes I checked the manual).

4 – You are mentioned “tracks” and this post is the Wavepad thread, which is incorrect. If you are indeed talking about Mixpad, can you confirm that the tracks play at normal speed using a media player? Do they play at normal speed in Wavepad? What format are they? Please detail your issue Minnesota Bob, and I would be more then glad to assist in the public forums.

I stated I was using Wavepad and I placed the thread in the Wavepad forum because of that. I did state track because I thought that is what I was using. I appoligize for using the wrong terms but you failed to tell me what it is. I get multply tracks in Mixpad and one track in Wavepad was my thoughts. But wrong I am. I did try all the other things you mentioned and they all worked fine.

Alternatively you can open a support ticket that your aware of the process.

Please see conflict of intrest statement and other statements above.

A simple: check the speed settings under the Control menu would have been enough.

Thanks

Michael

For anyone with the same problem, check the speed settings under the control pull down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MichaelJee

Minnesota Bob,

Thanks, the feature seems to stick, even after a close / re-open of application.

This could be a bug, checking now.

ta

M