How Mac version differs from PC version

joko

I have recently switched to using Express Scribe on a Mac. I notice that the Mac version (I'm using version 4.05; is that the latest one?) does not remember my stopping point in a file when I close the program. The PC version remembers automatically. To make things worse, sometimes the Mac version jumps to another file when I've stopped transcribing temporarily to use another program but not closed Express Scribe. This is annoying because when I go back to the file I was working on, my position has been lost. Any advice?

The newest version (4.26 for Mac) remembers the location. It does have another bug, though, in that at least with some foot pedals there's no ability to program which button does what. It's mentioned elsewhere in the forum as something they're looking into, but it's worth knowing before you upgrade to 4.26.

I have recently switched to using Express Scribe on a Mac. I notice that the Mac version (I'm using version 4.05; is that the latest one?) does not remember my stopping point in a file when I close the program. The PC version remembers automatically. To make things worse, sometimes the Mac version jumps to another file when I've stopped transcribing temporarily to use another program but not closed Express Scribe. This is annoying because when I go back to the file I was working on, my position has been lost. Any advice?

Thank you! If the foot pedal settings are stuck to the default, that's fine with me.

What about the strange behavior of jumping to another file when I switch to another window and then come back? Is that a bug that was fixed in 4.26?