Port 8000 blocked

Dohalife

I have downloaded Express Talk 1.01 for Pocket PC.

I am using this for a SIP account.

It works fine with my Desk Top but with my pocket PC I get a notice under networking option, which says "this device is blocking port 8000. I tried and changed the port to 8002 or 8004 but nothing happened.

I can hear the sound from other end but my voice can not be heard by other party.

Any body has a clue what I have to do to rectify this and the port 8000 can be unblocked. If this is due to a Fire wall how can I find fire wall in my pocket PC which is HP IPAQ RW6815.

If your pocket PC is connecting via WiFi, it's likely the firewall causing the problem is on the router end. You should reference your router's user manual/documentation on how to correctly forward ports to a device on the network and set it up to allow/forward port 8000 for the IPAQ. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem of Port Block when trying to install and when trying to run the Network setup. I had installed Fring and used skype from my HTC Diamond PDA and it works fine and also I know that SIP Ports are not blocked by the GPRS Service of the GSM Service provider I am using because some other dialers using SIP Port 5060 is working fine with the GPRS.

I am using the the Pocket Talk software via the GPRS.

Please advice how to resolve the problem. Thanks