Windows Media Player doesn't play some WavePad edited files

Anselm

Hello,

I've got a problem with WavePad edited files. I did:

- record a tape cassette's content to an USB stick in WMA format (built in function of my CD receiver),

- save the file with WavePad in MP3 format,

- split the complete file in 18 single files and trim start and end with WavePad,

- normalize the volume of the files with WavePad

This happens:

- Windows Media Player 11 doesn't play 2 of the 18 files (error message, retranslated: Possibly the player doesn’t support the codecs used to compress the file),

- other players, e.g. QuickTime, realPlayer, jetAudio, play the two files correctly,

- an audio CD burned with the MP3 files plays the two files correctly, too.

How can I find out the difference between the 16 trouble-free files and the two the Windows Media Player refuses to play?

Hopefully,

Anselm

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

1 - I would start by using an file analyzer. There are a few around, though you might have G-spot on your machine (if you have installed K-lite, you will)

2 - Is it just this one case, or is it repeatable?

3 - The part of the large track that isnt working, have you tried cutting it from the orig source and compressing to .mp3 again?

Hello,

3 - The part of the large track that isnt working, have you tried cutting it from the orig source and compressing to .mp3 again?

The first time I converted the large track from WMA to MP3 and cut that. Now I cut the WMA and saved the single files as MP3. That worked.

Thank you and regards,

Anselm