voice Recording Auto-Trims?

Dew_South

Hopefully someone can provide some suggestions or solutions. I don't see any other similar problems posted.

PROBLEM: I record my voice with Wavepad, but the captured audio seems to have been auto-trimmed or something. Within the 60 second recording, my voice has the quality of an over-trimmed sound.

SPECS: Wavepad 3.05 / external SHURE mic running through TubeMP amp / plugged into laptop mic jack / Windows XP

MY EFFORTS: None of the things I've tried have worked. I've tried turning the volume down on the amp, I've tried using a headset microphone, I've tried adjusting the input setting on Wavepad, I checked memory on my laptop and it has 18 Gig available out of 40 Gig, I CAN'T find a setting for AutoTrim level on Wavepad.

HELP? Suggestions?

Guest MichaelJee

Hello,

40GB is a lot of memory :)

I’m unsure of the issue you are explaining, and would need the file in question; can you please send to me, or create a ticket within our helpdesk system.

Have you tried turning the recording volume down on your mic input? Mic inputs are designed to have mic’s plugged into them, not pre-amps.

Cheers

M