Cassette Recording

mcutrona

Hi- i am super new at mixing sound. i have a few cassette tapes which i would like to transfer to wavpad to mix. i am not sure how to do this. could someone please offer step-by-step suggestions to help me through the process?

here are some of my quandaries and more info:

- i am working with a pc

- i am not sure what type of cord i need for the transfer

- are there settings my computer should be on for this recording to be successful?

- the "record a clip" suggestions on wavpad were minimal--will wavpad automatically know to record the clip from my cassette player when i press the appropriate record buttons in wavpadand play on my cassette player?

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

If your new to PC's / technology in general, I would suggest you start getting used to the concept of input -> output

1 – The tape deck is an output device, the line level input on the sound card is the input device. If you have a nice line level output on your tape deck, use that. If not, use the headphone jack. Its going to be either 3.5mm or 6.5mm. Searching the WWW will tell you (or downloading the manual for your deck)

2 – Purchase cable to connect deck -> PC. Tell the recording app (Wp in this case) where to look for the signal (line level input on PC or just mic input)

3 – Record test, see if levels need tweaking.

Your other questions can be solved with 10min’s playing around, promise 

Remember, for just about most things you ever would need to do, there’s undoubtedly 100,000+ other people in the world who have tried / asked about it already; searching the WWW will reveal all.

M