program hangs at start of record

mark5258

Hi mark, we cant reproduce this error, would you run a debug for us?

Message me if your willing

I believe I have been able to reproduce this issue...

1. If you start recording (Wavepad) after the music source has started and the recording level has not been pre-set, the software will cease to respond (lockup). The program (Wavepad) has to be forced closed and restarted (not reinstalled).

2. If the output levels in Windows Microsoft Master Volume have been raised to max to listen to the recording just made, then you set up and begin another recording without lowering the Master volume...the Wavepad software will lockup (cease responding).

3. If you are recording an internet radio playback, I find setting the record level at 25% gives the best results and the software is not 'overpowered'. I have also configured "Auto Start Recording', but not "Auto Trim Recording'. I have had less trouble setting the recording level if the trim is not checked. I have had none of these problems in the earlier version of Wavepad.

Improvements this version: Better visual look for recording controls and a better adjustment (sensitivity) for setting and displaying recording levels.

Complaint: When setting the desired Wavepad recording levels the Master volume level and Wave volume level in the computer is immediately reset by Wavepad. This is frustrating when monitoring the recording because it is lowered. The previous version of Wavepad did not do this.

Thanks to NCH for allowing this demo use of your very nice software. I am just a hobbyist and I enjoy using this software.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
I believe I have been able to reproduce this issue...

1. If you start recording (Wavepad) after the music source has started and the recording level has not been pre-set, the software will cease to respond (lockup). The program (Wavepad) has to be forced closed and restarted (not reinstalled).

2. If the output levels in Windows Microsoft Master Volume have been raised to max to listen to the recording just made, then you set up and begin another recording without lowering the Master volume...the Wavepad software will lockup (cease responding).

3. If you are recording an internet radio playback, I find setting the record level at 25% gives the best results and the software is not 'overpowered'. I have also configured "Auto Start Recording', but not "Auto Trim Recording'. I have had less trouble setting the recording level if the trim is not checked. I have had none of these problems in the earlier version of Wavepad.

Improvements this version: Better visual look for recording controls and a better adjustment (sensitivity) for setting and displaying recording levels.

Complaint: When setting the desired Wavepad recording levels the Master volume level and Wave volume level in the computer is immediately reset by Wavepad. This is frustrating when monitoring the recording because it is lowered. The previous version of Wavepad did not do this.

Thanks to NCH for allowing this demo use of your very nice software. I am just a hobbyist and I enjoy using this software.

Jeff

Thanks for the info Jeff. I was having the same problem. I didn't realize I had the auto-start and auto-trim turned on. Once I canceled those options the program stopped hanging at startup. I'm still new to the software and haven't quite learned all the "ins and outs" for capturing sound recordings.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info Jeff. I was having the same problem. I didn't realize I had the auto-start and auto-trim turned on. Once I canceled those options the program stopped hanging at startup. I'm still new to the software and haven't quite learned all the "ins and outs" for capturing sound recordings.

Same problem, after I paid for the program off, was usign "Recordpad" trial prior to purchase. Have tried everything but still locks up program.

Where is the Auto start, not on menu, and the Auto Trim is not checkable, you may be able to select it, but without a check I can't tell if it is off or on.

I'm about to give up.