Truncated mp3 files

Bedlore

I'm wondering how many others are experiencing this problem. I have come across a few instances where all the mp3 players I have (winamp, MPlayer, Foobar, Audacity etc) can play the full length of the audio file but Express Scribe can not. My belief is that technically this is not a problem with Express Scribe but rather the files are invalid or corrupt to a degree, Foobar for example ever estimates and mis-reports the length of the audio file, winamp changes its mind about the file length and re-evaluates. The only current solution which works "most" times is to open the file in Audacity and export it forcing a recode into a new file which Express Scribe can then read.

I'm not a programmer but my assumption is that Express Scribe trusts the audio length reported in the file while other players don't take this as gospel and examine it internally, the later approach would appear to be the most robust. It would be great if ES could address this issue as its plagued me periodically for some time. :(