I have a issue with a voip USB phone

kaska9us

When I call phone A to phone B.

The speaker phone on phone B is enable as soon as I pickup the phone.

So, I hear voice through both hand set and speaker phone on phone B.

I can disable speaker phone with push two times on speaker phone button on the phone.

Anyone have any solution to it.

I installed on XP machine.

Thank you.

leejin@pjm.com

You say "a usb phone" which phone specifically is it? Is it the phone that NCH/AltoEdge recommends/supports, or another third party phone that is unlikely to be supported fully?

You say "a usb phone" which phone specifically is it? Is it the phone that NCH/AltoEdge recommends/supports, or another third party phone that is unlikely to be supported fully?

I ordered this phone from NCH. So I am sure the phone is recommended and supported by NCH/AltoEdge.

On the box said. USB Speakerphone for Skype. I don't use Skype service.

Do you think this mattter?

Thank you.

Yeah don't worry about the Skype thing, the phone is built to work with several VoIP apps including Express Talk and Skype. I have two of the phones, and they work well, except for not having speaker phone support.

Ok, here is a list of things to check:

1) What version of ET are you using?

2) Did you install any drivers / CD that came with the phone? To my knowledge you should not do this as NCH has the built-in driver to control and access the phone in Express Talk. If you have the other driver running (the thing with the little phone icon in the system tray) it could cause problems and interfere with the software trying to communicate with the phone.

3) Make sure when you plug in the phone or take your computer out of standby, hibernation or similar that you go into Express Talk and click Options, then OK so the program will essentially reset and attempt to find the USB phone again and interface with it. Otherwise there may be unexpected outcomes.