Accessing Express Scribe Files from another computer?

kwolfe

So I'm new here and I'm trying to figure out if I can access my work files from my laptop (which as Express Scribe downloaded, also) if I've loaded the files from the desktop? Is this possible or is it a security feature that I can only get into the files that are loaded from that specific computer. ?? Can anyone help? I can't seem to find a similar question by using the search tool and I'm about to throw this computer out the window!

Thanks so much in advance.

Guest nchto

If you still have the original files you could email them to yourself on the laptop, or set up a shared folder which you can access over your LAN connection (there are plenty of tutorials for how to do this on the net, simply Google some).

If you're talking about files already loaded into Express Scribe, you can find these here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current\. You could share this folder as well and make them accessible on your LAN.

Once you have done that you simply load these files into Express Scribe on your laptop ensuring that you don't delete the originals.