Multi Tech Systems MT5634ZPX-PCI Modem Works VISTA

CPoehl

I tried several voice modems with Answering Attendant and they all worked (with the exception of caller I.D.) until I got Vista. Just finding a 56k modem to work with Vista was tough...most are evidently manufactured based on ancient designs. This one was just designed a couple of years ago so I took a flier. It not only works well, but for the first time I have caller I.D.!!!!

Like I said, your experience may be different...

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks for letting us know :) but I know I won't be upgrading my server to Vista for a long time; and I'm sure many other users will feel the same way. There are way too many incompatability problems to be worth it.

• 1 month later...
I tried several voice modems with Answering Attendant and they all worked (with the exception of caller I.D.) until I got Vista. Just finding a 56k modem to work with Vista was tough...most are evidently manufactured based on ancient designs. This one was just designed a couple of years ago so I took a flier. It not only works well, but for the first time I have caller I.D.!!!!

Regards,

Chuck

Hi,

I had the same experience with Vista. I went thrugh a bunch of modems myself. I bought this one hoping caller id AND voice mail would work, but only the voice mail does. No Caller ID. Based on your post, I have the same setup as you. Did you let Windows install the drivers or did you use other ones? Do you have to do any other tweaks to make it work?

Thanks!

Tom

• 1 year later...

Regards,

Chuck

How did you get it to work? I can't make mine work. :blink: