ivm audio compression and crushing

santafe

hallo

I use IVM Answering Attendant for some automatic calls. I have Windows xp pro installed on my desktop pc and an ADSL line with 512 Kbps upstream.

I use a voip number and 6 simultaneus lines, but I wish I can use at least 10 simultaneous lines. I think there’s a compression problem. Does IVM supports any kind of audio compression (like GSM)?

Other problem: sometimes IVM crushes, I can’t understand why. It seems that it happens when there’s an incoming call. Is there a way to block the incoming calls?

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...
hallo

I use IVM Answering Attendant for some automatic calls. I have Windows xp pro installed on my desktop pc and an ADSL line with 512 Kbps upstream.

I use a voip number and 6 simultaneus lines, but I wish I can use at least 10 simultaneous lines. I think there’s a compression problem. Does IVM supports any kind of audio compression (like GSM)?

Other problem: sometimes IVM crushes, I can’t understand why. It seems that it happens when there’s an incoming call. Is there a way to block the incoming calls?

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for my bad english.

Have you upgraded to the newest release. Remember you need a minimum of 128kb per line, 6 x 128 = 768, for good clean audio up and down. Anything less and you will get choppy audio and dropped calls. Are you surfing the net on the same ADSL line that your calls are on? Also remeber audio is system intensive. How old is the machine you are using? What speed processor and how much ram do you have?

Curtis