Clicks and pops when recording from vinyl

bgsdks

I just recorded some vinyl onto my computer, and I'd like to get rid of the clicks and pops. Is there an automatic way to do that?

I'm using version 2.10, and I noticed that there's a "click/pop" button on the toolbar, but not sure what (if anything) it does.

There's also a menu item for Manual Click/Pop repair, but no matter how small of an area I pick I get the same error: "WavePad cannont do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area."

Any suggestions?

Jeff

• 1 month later...

This is a bug in the current version. We are going to release the new version with the bug fixed soon.

Hi,

:(

I'm having the same problem, the pop and click filter doesn't seem to work at all. Even tried turning the parameters right up and nothing.

Also check out this thread by  Bernhard Gloeckl and read his comments about this feature causing crashes. Which has been happaening to me.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6&st=40

• 1 year later...

I just recorded some vinyl onto my computer, and I'd like to get rid of the clicks and pops. Is there an automatic way to do that?

I'm using version 2.10, and I noticed that there's a "click/pop" button on the toolbar, but not sure what (if anything) it does.

There's also a menu item for Manual Click/Pop repair, but no matter how small of an area I pick I get the same error: "WavePad cannont do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area."

Any suggestions?

Jeff

========================

Almost certainly, you are not properly selecting the area that you think that you are selecting. Can you explain how you go about this process?

Musikone

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm using version 3.05 and I still get the error "WavePad cannot do a manual reduction of an area this size. Please select a smaller area"

The area is selected simply by dragging the left-clicked-mouse in the music editor. It doesn't matter how small the area is. I've zoomed and marked fractions of a second and I still get this error. Is there another way of selecting an area perhaps? Or is it still a bug?

Rgds

Peter