Is it possible to send text messages with IVM?

DeBercy

Hi!

When someone calls in to listen to a predefined set of OGMs, I'd like to send out a message at the end of the call to a number of reviewers to inform them that those OGMs were just listened to so they can call in themselves to review the answers. Is it possible to send out text messages with IVM? If so, what kind of tools do I need? Thank you.

Best regards,

DeBercy

Yes this is possible. Many providers offer free text messaging (in North America) to cellphones on their network by sending an email to a set addresss e.g. phonenumber@company.com. If this is the case for you, then you may be able to do this 1) For free and 2) Using the already built mail plug-in (or even easier, using IVM's built-in mailer for when a voice mail arrives). If this isn't the case, it'll be a bit tricker and you'll need someone to build a custom plug-in for you.

Yes this is possible. Many providers offer free text messaging (in North America) to cellphones on their network by sending an email to a set addresss e.g. phonenumber@company.com. If this is the case for you, then you may be able to do this 1) For free and 2) Using the already built mail plug-in (or even easier, using IVM's built-in mailer for when a voice mail arrives). If this isn't the case, it'll be a bit tricker and you'll need someone to build a custom plug-in for you.

Thank you Pythonpoole. I appreciate it.