Eyeline and IP cameras?

tmaddison

Maybe I'm just missing something....?

Downloaded Eyeline, installed, looks like a nicer program than the one that came with my IP cams, but it doesn't seem to offer an option to connect to IP cams. Am I missing something? Seems like perhaps it only works with cams directly connected to the PC? Seems to limit usefulness...

If I bring up the "connect" dialog it's greyed out, as if the software is not detecting any cams - which is correct since they're networked and usually addressed via IP.

Is this just the wrong program? If so, anyone have suggestions on what is? Simple useage, just have two IP cams and want to be able to have them "on", in motion detect record mode, during specific times of the day (like "between 6pm and 8am")

About as basic as it gets, eh!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Maybe I'm just missing something....?

Downloaded Eyeline, installed, looks like a nicer program than the one that came with my IP cams, but it doesn't seem to offer an option to connect to IP cams. Am I missing something? Seems like perhaps it only works with cams directly connected to the PC? Seems to limit usefulness...

If I bring up the "connect" dialog it's greyed out, as if the software is not detecting any cams - which is correct since they're networked and usually addressed via IP.

Is this just the wrong program? If so, anyone have suggestions on what is? Simple useage, just have two IP cams and want to be able to have them "on", in motion detect record mode, during specific times of the day (like "between 6pm and 8am")

About as basic as it gets, eh!

This is now Dec of 08, 9 months after Todd's question. I have the same problem as Todd. It seems odd that over 2000 people read this post yet none responded with an answer. Can someone who has had the same "greyed out" 'remove and properties' that Todd and I have, and who has found out how to access the axis cameras, please post their answer. My cameras are all visible throughout the network. I have tried both the local and network setting under 'general'. I have purchased over $400 of NCH software and actually did not use this one within the 3 month time period. I hope an NCH tech rep does read these forums and will post a reply so that others who have axis camera and who read these forums might decide whether or not to buy the eyeline software. thank you

• 4 months later...