MODEMS

• 2 weeks later...
I HAVE A CONEXANT D850 56K V.9x DFVc modem on a Dell running xp Pro. The software tells me this is not a voice modem. Help?

Also, are there tutorials to get this program up and running?

I came to this board to inquire about the same exact issue. Help is greatly appreciated!

Guest nchto

If it is not reporting as a voice modem then Windows isn't recognising it as such. Try updating your drivers etc and see if you have any luck.

My modem has worked fine in the past (and still does) with an assortment of Windows products including voice and fax. Plus, in the Phone and Modem options, everything seems normal. As for updating drivers, did that and no change.

I came to this board to inquire about the same exact issue. Help is greatly appreciated!

I double checked and my conexant 850 is 100% Tapi. Its not the modem. Win XP recognizes it for all other uses. Any other ideas why your program does'nt work?

Guest nchto

IVM is pretty picky in what modems it will accept, it requires a duplex voice modem (that is send and receive voice). IVM gets this information directly from the modem itself, so if it isn't being detected the modem might not be a duplex voice modem or isn't responding correctly. Open up a HyperTerminal with your modem and see if it responds to the F1 (full duplex) or F0 (half duplex) commands.